Award Winning Home Extensions
Custom Home Extensions Melbourne
Our 8 Step Home Extension Process
We take pride in providing Melbourne property owners with the best home extension services in the market. Our approach to meeting clients’ needs means that we involve them every step of the way, starting from project design right through to the final inspection.
We make sure that we take all of your input into consideration when it comes to making decisions about your home extension project. This way, we can make sure that we deliver exactly what you want to achieve. We think it is critical that you feel included as much as possible during the entire design and build process.
At Bayside Extensions, we understand that homes are not just physical structures, they represent our personalities and there is an emotional connection. This is why most homeowners want to ensure their house is not just aesthetically pleasing, but also functional so the home can be enjoyed for many years to come.
After considering all the factors that go into a successful home extension project, we’ve designed our process to be as hassle-free and efficient for you as possible. To achieve this, we have an 8 step process that we follow:
2) Preliminary Measure & Design – Following the initial consultation, the design team will go back to your property and take photographs of the exterior, as well as measure your property and obtain the dimensions of your existing home. Using this information, we use 3D computer modelling software to create some illustrations of what your new extension might look like.
3) Design Presentation – After the existing conditions of your home have been drafted and an initial design developed, our drafting team will produce concept plans, which will subsequently be costed by our estimator. Our designer will discuss and present the design to you. At this stage, you may discuss any amendments that you may require.
4) Preliminary Agreement – When the design and costs have been agreed upon, you will be presented with the Preliminary Agreement to sign, and the Preliminary Payment is required to be paid at this point.
5) Working Drawings – Your Preliminary Payment will cover the cost of the Soil Test, Structural Engineering, Working Drawings, Town Planning (if applicable) and any other items detailed in the Preliminary Agreement.
6) Contract Signed – Once the Working Drawings are complete, the Building Contract and Specification Document will be presented to you to sign and the Contract Deposit is required to be paid at this point.
7) Building Permit Obtained & Building Works Commence – Our team will apply for the Building Permit with your appointed Building Surveyor. We will also acquire Homeowner’s Warranty Insurance and organise the pre-commencement site meeting with you to discuss work schedules, access to the site and material orders, as well as coordinate tradesmen throughout project execution ensuring everything runs smoothly from start to finish. Once the Building Permit is obtained, the building works will commence.
8) Completion of Project – When the project is complete, we will issue you with the Notice of Completion. We will also make sure that the Code of Compliance documents are also completed and submitted to the necessary authorities.
Experts In Single And Double-Storey Extensions
Bayside Extensions reputation as an expert home extension builder is unparalleled, with our projects featuring some of the most exquisite bespoke single and double-storey home extensions imaginable.
We are able to offer creative solutions for even the most intricate extension project because of the diverse skillset of our team. This team have the ability to deliver exceptional home extensions that are custom built and designed to reflect the vision of our clients.
Bespoke Home Extension Solutions
A new home extension can bring enormous lifestyle benefits to you and your family. Whether it’s a quiet space for mum and dad to retreat, a rumpus room for the kids to play and enjoy, or an open plan layout for entertaining family and friends; our clients are always thrilled about how much better their homes feel after working together with us.
We have the experience and expertise to transform your home into something more exciting than what you first may have had in mind. Whether it’s extending bedrooms, extending the living area, or adding another storey there is one thing that is certain – we will be there every step of the way to make sure the job meets if not exceeds, your expectations.
Luxury Home Extensions Are Our Specialty
If you’re looking to extend your home to make it more spacious or completely renovate and transform an older house into a bigger more luxurious one – it’s important that you get the exact result you’re looking for. Bayside Extensions will design an extension that not only looks spectacular and gives you the extra space you need but will also significantly improve the value of your home.
Start Planning Your Home Extension Today
Home Extensions Melbourne FAQs
The list of factors that can influence your home extension process is vast and ever-changing. These include budget concerns, time restrictions or personal tastes just to name a few! For more information on what may be holding you back from proceeding with your extension project, we have compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions, just for you:
If you’re thinking about adding value to your property by extending your home, it can be difficult deciding which part of the house you should extend and what the return on investment will be. That is why it’s important for us to sit down with you right at the start and find out exactly what your objectives are and why you want to extend. From there, we can recommend options that will benefit you both now as well as in the future.
Every project is totally unique. Therefore, we need to fully assess the feasibility of extending your house. That’s why before any major decisions are made, it’s important to talk things through with our design team. They will be able to tell you what is possible from an architectural and also a financial perspective. This can save a significant amount of time and money down the line by starting early on design ideas before committing fully beyond that.
Book A Free Consultation Today
One of our experienced designers will contact you to discuss your renovation or extension.